Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE

Okay, Constance, your advice in the comments totally worked- put him in charge of the condoms and sit back and wait for my baby to arrive. I TOLD him I was fertile. Multiple times, to the point where he was saying things like, "Why are you having so many issues lately? I don't want to hear about what your cervix is doing anymore." I TOLD HIM. And then after he totally blew off the condom idea and it's too late, he says he didn't want any more children. Oh well, it's coming, and he'll get used to the idea, but I hate the fact that I don't get to be completely happy because I feel guilty. WHY do I feel guilty? I did not knock myself up.

He was thinking of changing jobs and now is worried about insurance, and I'm afraid he's going to resent me and/or the baby forever because he feels trapped. But what the hell? We're not sixteen and unmarried- this is kid #3 and we know how it happens, and I TOLD HIM it was going to.

WOO HOO! I'm having a baby! He doesn't want me to tell anybody yet, because he's in total denial, but I can tell you all because you don't know who I am. I love the internet.

6 comments:

Constance the Thirteenth said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

YAAAYYYYY! I think guys commonly have a little freak-out when they learn a baby is coming. I'll bet he'll calm down.

I love that he "didn't want to hear what your cervix was doing anymore." Ha ha ha ha! I also love "sit back and wait for my baby to arrive." Ha ha ha! Funny (and SO EXCITING!) post!

When we were unexpectedly expecting our most recent baby, Mike was reluctant for me to tell people, too---but I noticed he seemed to feel better after I DID tell people. Like, before I told, he seemed to feel the situation was still in flux: MAYBE we were having a baby, or maybe we WEREN'T. After I told, it was like he accepted that we WERE.

"Constance-1-M" said...

Yeah!!!

We haven't told IRL people either & Hubs is in denial still ... but so am I, a little!

laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
(from another constance)

Constance the Seventy Third said...

Congratulations!!