Sunday, July 6, 2008

Taking Turns

Saturday the baby woke up and I leaped out of bed quickly so my husband could sleep. I went and got him, found he had woken up his sister as well, and got up with both of them. I fixed them breakfast and hung out and my husband finally came rolling out of bed around 10:20.

Silly me, thinking he might do the same for me this morning. The baby woke up at 6:30 and cried until I poked Husband and asked him to please get up with him today since I did it yesterday. He heaved a big sigh, went and got the baby, and brought him back to bed with us. He then proceeded to turn sideways in the bed and stick his toes into my armpits and sing while he slapped Husband in the face. FOR AN HOUR. I just kept thinking sooner or later he would realize that the baby wasn't going back to sleep and maybe would go ahead and get up with him. And finally I begged. Please. Take him out of here.

To which he heaved another big sigh and told me I had five more minutes to sleep before I should get up and get the kids ready for church.

And then acted all virtuous and praiseworthy for letting me sleep half an hour.

And is now asleep on the couch because he's SO tired from getting up SO early.

4 comments:

Constance the Super said...

Sigh. I don't think I could sleep next to a baby who was poking me and singing.

My hubby will refuse to snooze the alarm and listen to the radio on the weekend. In bed. Not downstairs where there is another radio. And comfy couches. And then act like he let me sleep in. As opposed to physically pushing me out of bed onto the floor?!?

Anonymous said...

What *is* it with husbands. Sheesh. If you don't draw them a damn picture and explain every detail they JUST DON'T GET IT.

My husband naps on a daily basis, sleeps later than I do and acts like he is a hero for "allowing" me to nap for a couple hours on the weekend.

Argh.

Constance 50 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh! So much to say, right? Husbands!

Is he the type of hubby who wants a trophy when he does some small little thing that you do a million times every day? Mine is like that. He's all, "I washed my plate!" or "I put the clothes in the dryer." And he really wants a big blue ribbon....

Constance 37 said...

OMG! Sounds like this could be my husband!